How is Stader secure?
Stader is a secure liquid staking solution for the following reasons
- Continuous review and testing of all code.
- Regular audits of smart contract
- Use of Time-lock and Multi-sig accounts for contract upgrades
- On-chain monitoring using Forta
- An open bug bounty program with Immunefi to highlight bugs in the contract or Dapp with a max bounty of $1,000,000. Check the program here
What are the risks of staking with Stader?
There exist a number of potential risks when staking BNB using liquid staking protocols.
- Smart contract security: Although the Stader code is thoroughly vetted and audited there exists a possibility of malicious users exploiting a vulnerability or a bug in the contract or the BNB platform
- Wallet and downstream apps: Wallets and third party apps may have to be used to access staking, users should evaluate the security of the wallets and other third party apps independently, Stader does not hold any responsibility for the security of the wallets or third party applications used in staking. The Stader team along with The BNB Chain team are committed to delivering the best and more secure staking experience for users.
Does Stader have smart contract audits?
The BNB smart contracts developed by Stader have been audited by Halborn and PeckShield. You can find the audit reports below:
How is Stader using time-lock and Multi-sig for securing the smart contract?
Any upgrades to Stader's Stake manager and BNBx contracts is now governed by this time lock contract. Once an admin proposes a change to upgrade the contract and the multi-sig approves, it then flows into the time lock before reaching the target contract. Read more about it here The minimum delay introduced by the timelock contract would be 24hrs before executing the proposal. The multi-sig responsible for signing the proposals require a confirmation count of 3 out of 5 signatures. The Current signers on the multi-sig are,
- Key 1: Wombat (Alex)
- Key 2: Apeswap (Apeswap multi-sig account)
- Key 3: Accel (Karan)
- Key 4: Stader (Sid)
- Key 5: Stader (Dheeraj)